Every child develops at his or her own pace and therefore we cannot say that a baby aged between 6-12 months will fit into a particular size. The fact that baby shoes are labeled with age specific sizes is A GUIDE ONLY.
Also remember each brand can differ in sizing so if they are a 6 in one brand your child won't necessarily be a 6 in another brand so it's IMPORTANT that you MEASURE your child's foot before each shoe purchase.
We have had some fun while measuring our babies feet. When they were younger they would make a game out of most things!
1. It is important to measure both feet, as it is not uncommon for one foot to be longer than the other.
2. Measure your child's feet with socks on, if they will be wearing socks on a normal basis.
3. Place a sheet of paper on the floor and have you child stand on the paper. Make sure both feet are straight.
4. Gently press down on your child's foot.
5. Mark around the heal and toes with pencil or pen.
6. Now you can measure the foot length from heel to toe with a ruler or tape measure.
7. Take the largest measurement and add 1cm to allow for proper growth and development. (eg. if your child's longest foot length is 12cm you would purchase a shoe with 13cm sole length.
You will notice that on all of our product pages there is a Size Chart button in green you can click on just below the product name.
It is important that you review this size chart tab on the same page as the product you are looking to purchase as these are specific to that pair of shoes.
Remember, if in doubt, we are here to help you with any questions you have. Here is a link to our easy to use contact form.